Position: Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for a part time Social Media and Marketing Coordinator to facilitate, analyze, create, and deliver on all UVCC marketing efforts at the Utah Valley Convention Center, whether for event clients or for the Convention Center itself.
If you need assistance accessing the content in this PDF, please contact the individual provided here: Receptionist, 801-851-2200, firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
Company: Utah Valley Convention Center
Location: Provo, Utah
Reports to: Director of Sales &Marketing
Status: Part Time
Wages: $11.00 – 15.00 per hour, DOE; 20-24 hours per week.
Date: June 18, 2018
SUMMARY: To facilitate, analyze, create, and deliver on all UVCC marketing efforts at the Utah Valley Convention Center, whether for event clients or for the Convention Center itself.
JOB DUTIES: (including to but not limited to):
• Design brochures, collateral materials, and promotional pieces.
• Create print and digital ads for social, local, and national markets.
• Management of, creating original content for, and reporting on all UVCC social media accounts.
• Create fresh content for UVCC website and update website photos and information as needed.
• Perform general administrative office duties as needed.
• Assist with creation of UVCC annual marketing plan.
• Assist with Spectra/UVCC self-produced events.
• Event photography and photograph cataloging.
• Assist staff and clients with projects involving research and design.
• Assist clients with event marketing needs.
• Organize marketing & sales presentations.
• Attend occasional Industry/Company events and tradeshows.
• Enter and maintain complete and accurate information in EBMS (CRM program).
• Selling, negotiating, closing, and implementing media, promotional partner, and sponsorship deals for all convention center tradeshows.
• Create and propose new opportunities for possible marketing revenue streams and self-promoted events.
• Position may occasionally work during events.
• Provide assistance and staff support to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office; training on industry specific software (EBMS) will be provided.
• Familiar with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram social media business account management and Google Analytics.
• Customer service-oriented with a pleasant demeanor.
• Understands procedures, methods, and techniques of general sales and marketing.
• Organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Understand importance of reporting progress and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to accurately work on several projects simultaneously.
• Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal, with particular attention to grammar and tone.
• Preferred minimum of one (1) year of marketing or promotions experience, preferably with an arena, convention center, hotel, pro team, or similar work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in (or currently seeking degree in) Business, Marketing, Graphic Design, Hospitality/Sports Management, or a related field preferred.
• Strong written and oral communications skills in the English language.
• Team player who is a creative and a proactive problem solver.
• Available to primarily work during traditional office hours but also able to occasionally work nights, weekends, and select holidays, as required.
• Knowledge of Basic DSLR photography a plus.
Selected applicants will be required to present a portfolio of graphic design work. Selected applications will be given an Adobe Photoshop assignment as part of the interview process to demonstrate their software proficiency and knowledge of digital design.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and sample digital portfolio to email@example.com.